Saturday, June 8, 2013

Kentish Rain

It's been couple of days since my last post, but I have been busy labeling, wrapping and gifting my soapy creations for teachers at my girls' school. I gave each of them a bar of Cold Process soap and a Peppermint Lip Balm. Hopefully they love (and use!) the soap and don't let it languish in a decorative dish, or even worse, in a closet. I gave away some of the Cranberry Fig, the Lemon Verbena, the Fresh Snow, and the Kentish Rain.

Speaking of Kentish Rain, here is a picture of it. A leopard spot design gone horribly wrong. My soap started to get way to thick, and I had to bang it on the counter to get rid of the air pockets. Well, that just flattened and smushed my spots. Plus, I should have put more lines in. It is kind of skimpy on color, don't you think? Feels unbalanced. I am banking on the fact that no one would know it was supposed to be a leopard spot design unless you told them. Now I told you. Smells good anyway. Even ugly soap can smell great.

 

I also got some new weatherproof labels from onlinelabels.com They are very easy to use, but I was a little disappointed that my printing was somewhat muted. I really liked the sheen and brightness of the photo quality paper I used to use. I am going to try again with different print settings. I love the stickers instead of all of the cutting, packing tape, etc. More on my experiments with labels later.


Well-almost done writing my Peacock Swirl post. Check back in the next couple of days. I still need to steam a little ash of of some of the bars. Then I need to photograph the whole batch, and do a couple of close ups of the swirl. SO fun. They turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment